Pages

Monday, July 21, 2014

Chloe + Isabel The Friendship Philosophy - Are you a Chloe or an Isabel?

I went shopping with a friend a few days ago at H&M. I had never shopped with this friend, so I was interested to see what she picked out. She went for bold prints on the dresses she chose, but went for understated skirts and jackets that could be paired together or work separately.


Think about your best girl friend. Is she exactly like you? Or is she different in her style, her likes, and her jewelry? Chloe + Isabel, as a brand, is styled after two styles, two friends if you will, who are the best of friends, but choose different styles.

We see these "friends" in our customers, in ourselves, and we see them in the jewelry they choose. A "Chloe" is a trendsetter - she chooses bold pieces with lots of color, lots of flash, and has got that layering thing down. An "Isabel" is more understated and chooses her jewelry for its utility. She's not out to "bling," she's out to look "put together" and uses her jewelry to complete her style. Some of us are "Cloe-bels" - we choose both types of pieces and feel comfortable in both.

So let's see some examples, shall we?

Chloe picks:

Jardin Fuchsia Stud Earrings and Jardin Majorelle Statement Necklace

Art Deco Trapeze Earrings and Art Deco Chain Swag Statement Necklace


Jardin Majorelle Toggle Bracelet, Medina Hexagon Pave Bangles, Casablanca Multi-Wrap Bracelet, and Marrakesh Silk Cord Bracelet

Isabel picks:

Classic Pearl Stud Earrings and Pearl + Crystal Drops Long Necklace (wrapped twice)

Crystal Pave Hoop Earrings and the Three Row Paillette Graduated Pendant

Sculpted Metal Double Drop Earrings, Paillette Teardrop Earrings, Pressed Paillette Toggle Bracelet, Pressed Paillette Long Necklace


I personally started as a Merchie as an Isabel. I was all about the understated pieces and bright colors and lots of bling were NOT my thing (or thang). As I continued working with C+I and saw the Chloe pieces on others though, I started eyeing more stylized pieces, more colorful pieces, and I will now say that I'm a happy Cloe-bel.

The next question is, which are you? Take this quiz to find out, and tell me in the comments if you're a Chloe, an Isabel, or a Cloe-bel.

Take the quiz - which are you?


Merchandisers also take the Friendship Philosophy (or what I call the Girlfriend Philosophy) to another level. We're not here to push hard sales like you see in other places. If someone asks me if I'm a salesperson I make a face because that's not how I think of myself at all. I'm here to help you pick jewelry, just as a good girl friend would. I'll help you style that outfit you're having trouble with, and I'm not in this to "upsell" you by choosing the most expensive piece to complete your look. I'm going to choose the piece that fits you and the look, regardless of the price. Just as a good girl friend would.

Like videos? Check out this one I did about the Friendship Philosophy and the different pieces I use to demonstrate Chloes and Isabels.

BUY IT!: Love the looks from this post? Shop my boutique and search for the items I listed. Have fun!

Like to stay updated on C+I news? Join my newsletter here!

4 comments:

  1. I love the pieces you picked to showcase! My style has shifted a bit as well. C+I has a natural camaraderie that's unrivaled. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Tina! I love the ladies of C+I as well. I've never encountered a group of women who enjoy working towards individual and personal goals TOGETHER. It's fantastic to see.

      Delete
  2. I too am much more of an Isabel than a Chloe, judging from my personal collection, but I am adding more and more Chloe pieces which will soon dub me a "Chloe-bel"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Natasha! I definitely started out as an Isabel. I went for straight silver or gold pieces and things like that Casablanca Statement Necklace with the tassels?! I was over-stimulated by. But once I started seeing them on people they grew on me. But then I started having to buy new clothes to match these new colorful pieces...and it was a vicious cycle ;)

      Delete

Leave a comment to let me know what you think...

 
Design by: The Blog Decorator